consider Him...

All thru our day there are things that happen that we could just take as chance or coincidence, but are they?

Friday, August 05, 2005

Tossed by the Waves?



Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help,and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, with out a second thought. People who "worry thier prayer" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping your options open.

I could keep going, but I think that covers what God's been showing me for, well, months. He has been teaching me to be in the waves, but not tossed by the waves. I used to think it was just about faith, but I'm thinking now it also has to do with trust, about jumping into the waves and not panicing (inside joke, Kat). Going to a place where God's way is my only option...

When God is my only "hope", the only one who can "work things out" ...
I'm talking more about our future in regards to how the heck are we going to get to a point where we, as indidviduals and as a family, are using everything we have to bring people to God? I know all the "ways" we can and we are seeking to do those, but still sometimes I get impatient, want to change things. God is teaching me to wait and go at the same time... I don't know if any one will get this, but I thought I'd put it out there...

5 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Pat Fooks said…

    that's so true, Chris. I get impatient, too. But if you stay "in the waves" God will surely take you where He needs you most.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger david huffman said…

    i like that mental image, chris, of being in the waves, but not tossed by them.

    sometimes we don't have the safety of the shore and we're out in the middle and, like peter, we've stepped out of the boat. when we're focused solely on Christ and what He wants, we can walk on water despite the storm. but when we focus on our surroundings or our circumstances or ourselves we begin to sink and are tossed about by waves.

    for the world-wide renown of His sovereign glory...

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Chris you have no idea how ordianed by GOD your post was! Learning to jump the waves and just trust that GOD is going to carry us over them and not allow them to crash on us is something that is not easy to do and yet it seems so simple. I grew up at the beach, the ocean never scared me, I always had "faith" that when I jumped the wave I would come down safe on the other side. I found it easy to trust the ocean which is so unpredictable and yet I'd have a hard time trusting in GOD... wow... what a thought... TRUST the one thing/ person that can not and will not fail me...

    Thanks for being open in your posting! Love you Chris!

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger Brent F said…

    "Wait and Go"...thats exactly how I feel! I think that sometimes it is my impatience, but I am coming to understand that it is The Holy Spirit preparing me, and keeping my heart focused on what He wants me to do, even if I am not at the place to do it yet! It can be frustrating...but I guess I should "Consider it a sheer gift"...Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Dennis Rogers said…

    Imagine, we are to be thankful for the turmoil. We are to "count it all joy" as a differant translation puts it. I have learned (well, I'm not quite there yet, but I am growing in it) to embrace those waves. Because I can see the end result.

    It is really awesome when we can truely, "be anxious for nothing, but in prayer and supplications, with THANKSGIVING, let our requests be know to God. And the peace of God that passes all understanding can guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

    Hey, try to remind me to show you my "hands illustration" next time we are together. (Please, Lord, let it be soon).

    I love you, my little sister! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home