consider Him...

All thru our day there are things that happen that we could just take as chance or coincidence, but are they?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

ok ok I'll post...



So I was thinking...
How many times does it say in the Bible to hang out with your fellow Christians, learn how to speak their language, be careful not to involve yourself in things that would take you out of constant fellowship with Christians, and use most of your time finding creative ways to create a Christian world around you so you won't have to do things with non-believers?

Just wondering cuz I recently felt that this is the message from some umm... people in my life...

What the heck... Sorry!! When exactly are we going to:

Mt 5:13 -
"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage

Mt 10:7 -
Tell them that the kingdom is here.

I know that many who read my blog are doing these things. This is just my struggle to stay out of this significantly "Christain" world so I can get out there!!


God bless you all!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger thankful4adoption.blogspot.com said…

    I think the scripture clearly outlines the importance of community with fellow believers...in order to empower us to know God deeper and love each other (believers and non-believers) in a more real way. James 5:13-19 shows a great picture of how intimate and vulnerable our relationships with believers need to be...but you are SO right about doing it so we have "nothing to do with non-believers." The purpose is (as v. 19 says) to "save a soul." I want my Christian world/ circle to be one that is so real that we empower each other to go tell this world...be the salt...and live out the "reason why we're here." (by the way...you are definitely in that circle of mine! :))

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow.. did you and jen talk about that before you both blogged???

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger david huffman said…

    i agree, we need to get out of our "save our christian society" mentality and get into a "reach the unsaved" mentality.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Christine Fooks said…

    no Jen and I have not talked why?
    I guess I should go look at her blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home